The following guidelines apply to all presenters included on this presentation proposal. Exceptions to any of these policies shall be solely at the discretion of VRMA.
This submission only guarantees presentation review from the VRMA Conference Committee. Presentations will be selected based on Conference criteria. With limited presentation slots, not all submissions will be selected.
If presentation is selected as a concurrent session:
- Presenters participate as volunteers and as such are not compensated for their participation in VRMA events.
- Presenters are required to register for the Conference.
- Presenters may provide biography and company contact information on handouts and other presentation materials.
- VRMA strongly believes that the Annual Conference is an educational event to serve the best interest of its attendees. Speakers are to avoid any appearance of commercialism in their sessions. VRMA also believes that an objective presentation that meets the educational needs of the audience will do the best job of enhancing the credibility of the speaker and VRMA.
a. Presenters will not use time during the session for self-promotion or promotion of their companies and/or products.
b. Presenters will not display products or services for sale inside the meeting room.
- Presenters are expected to meet all deadlines for submission of materials and information related to their sessions, as outlined in the presenter packet that will be issued with acceptance notification.
- Presenters will arrive at their speaking engagement a minimum of 15 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin.
- Presenters are expected to arrive fully prepared for their presentations, with all speaking points, slideshows, and materials compiled and ready.
- Presenters will secure advance permission from the copyright holder(s) when using copyrighted materials as part of their presentations.
- VRMA reserves the right to use session materials (i.e., handouts) for educational purposes at its discretion, providing credit to the author.
- Each concurrent session presenter will work with a Conference Committee member prior to the Conference to ensure session content meets the Committee's educational goals.
- VRMA may audio or video record sessions or take photographs during the event. Presenters agree to have their likeness included in any VRMA media for promotional uses after the event.
- Presenters agree to have their biographical information used at the discretion of VRMA for the purposes of event marketing and promotion.
- In the event that a presenter needs to cancel, he/she will immediately turn over a copy of his/her materials intended for the event to VRMA so that a replacement presenter may use the materials in preparation of executing the session. In the event of cancellation, the presenter must reimburse VRMA for any expenses the organization has incurred for his/her participation in the event.